Google+ Daily Awesome Quotes: I Got Your Back

I Got Your Back


I Got Your Back
“Climb onto my back,”
The big turtle said,
“I see where you’re going,
It’s not far ahead.”

The small turtle demurred,
“You have much to do,
You’re big and important,
I shan’t bother you.”

The big turtle swam
Right to the small turtle
And smiling, he said, 
“For me – it’s a small hurdle,”

“But for you, my friend,
It is a great distance
So I’m offering you
My ready assistance.”

“One day you’ll be great,
Large and powerfully strong,
Then think of this day
And help others along.”

The small turtle took in
What the big turtle said,
Then he climbed on his back
While nodding his head,

“I will remember this day,
The truth that you shared,
And I will help others
In the same way you cared.”

“For that’s what this swimming
Is all about
That we swim together
And help each other out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment